Hello! I hope you all had a lovely weekend - I had quite a jam-packed one; visiting family and friends, but also getting a little bit inspired too. On Friday I headed up to Manchester for the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair which was fab! It was also extra nice because I got to meet up with an old friend from my college days who I've not seen for about 3 years! We just picked it up where we left off; it was as if we'd only seen each other a week ago...not years. :) Don't you just love it when that happens? Ahhhh....good times! :)
Here's a few of my favourites from the show.......
- a wonderful wire artist who created intricate scenes and tea-party themed pieces. Especially impressive was a scene of an ornate building which apparently took 5 weeks to complete; now that's dedication for you! :)
- I loved, loved, loved these quirky characters - the piece on the left - 'I spy' was my favourite. :)
- some pretty wall art that I was very nearly tempted to treat myself to...the 'Sing' artwork shown on the bottom left being my favourite....hmmmm - I wonder if Santa's listening?! :D
- yep; another bird-related item...these were really fun and bright.
- and these unusual rings really caught my eye too; simply beautiful!
- and last but not least, some pretty, pretty lights.