Spotted this gorgeous advert on tv last night....had to share; LOVE it!!!
Thursday, 23 September 2010
Monday, 20 September 2010
I hope you all had a lovely weekend....mine was spent lifting, carrying and sorting (in preparation for the big study makeover :D) along the with many encounters with spiders...eeeek!
Most of them were in the shed, as I was sorting through boxes, and I'm not usually bothered by the little guys, but there was one biiiiig mama who made an appearance in our living room last night...and he moved sooo fast too; it was too much! Screams ahoy - think I even scared the spider itself! Matt thought it was hilarious though...
Thursday, 16 September 2010
Just thought I'd share with you a couple of things I treated myself to whilst in York the other weekend; being a huge cat lover, it was great to discover The Cat Gallery on Low Petergate....
- this light switch cover will go purrrrfectly with my study's soon-to-be new colour scheme. :)
- and I couldn't resist these cute l'il pegs; perfect for displaying all my favourite bits of inspiration :)
I can't wait to start the big makeover in a couple of weekend's time! :)
Wednesday, 15 September 2010
Ooooh, it's chilly today; you can certainly tell Autumn's on it's way....and then, of course, after Autumn comes Winter....booooo! :(
- Here's a jolly snowman who can't wait for Winter to arrive.
Tuesday, 14 September 2010
A scary concept, I know, but it won't be too long before this cheery fellow will be busy at work, delivering his presents...
....I've already spotted a few Christmas designs creeping into our shops - I'm sure it gets earlier every year! Only 14 weeks and 4 days to go...(!)
Thursday, 9 September 2010
Wednesday, 8 September 2010
Ahhhhhh....look what I got; my lovely Matt made me feel very special this weekend - on Saturday we went up to York and had such a gorgeous time....the sun was shining and everything was perfect.
We walked along the city walls..
...and cast our minds back to a year ago
...we would have been stood at the alter together, saying our vows....
We took a stroll along the river, and stopped off at a little cafe that specialised in Belgian beers...
- I'm not normally a beer drinker, but this cherry one was sooooooo nice; the perfect sunshine weather refreshment! It was lovely to sit outside and reminisce about the day, and the proposal itself, which took place here just over 3 years ago...it's funny because throughout the course of the day we saw 3 other weddings taking place as we walked around the city; this just made the memories even stronger!
We finished the day off with a romantic meal at an Italian restaurant, then went home and cracked open the bubbly...the perfect end to a perfect day! :D
After a lovely lie-in on Sunday, we continued the celebrations by spending the afternoon / evening with some friends at Darley Park for their annual fireworks concert...this year marked the event's 20th anniversary!
- There was such a large crowd there; it was almost like being at a festival! Everyone was decked out with their chairs and picnics, sipping glasses of wine and taking in the music and atmosphere..it was great! Bless us though; it was the first time we'd ever been so we only had a little blanket to sit on....next year it'll be a different story..... :)
Friday, 3 September 2010
I cannot believe that we've reached our first wedding anniversary already....this weekend we'll be casting our minds back to that special, special time, and celebrating with a romantic trip down memory lane.....
Here are a few pics from our magical day; the day I truly felt like a princess and the happiest girl in the world! :D
- Ahhhhhh; it makes me quite emotional!
I enjoyed designing and putting all the stationery together for our big day too; the theme was chocolate & cream:
and who can forget.......
- the magnificent cakes*; all lovingly created by our very talented friend, Natalie. :D
*the mint chocolate ones were truly amaaaazing - a hot favourite on the day!!
NB: All photographs courtesy of Ezee Wedding Photography
Oh, what a lovely weekend to look forward to - I hope yours is enjoyable too!
Thursday, 2 September 2010
- Following on from my last post, I would much rather a flower fairy anyday....but, it seems we have an unwelcome visitor in our midst right now; twice this week our border has been dug up, with a poor little defenseless heather feeling the full brunt of the attack (it was fully uprooted!!). The likely culprit; a fox! :-< On the advice of a friend, we have now laced the border with pepper (!), in the hope that it will deter the naughty little fellow....I'll let you know if it works.
In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions or theories then they would be gladly welcomed! ;)